- 11-noon, Mondays: Cornell Summer Students Meeting
- 1-2pm, Mondays: DESI Transients Meeting
- 3-4pm, Mondays: Regular Group Meeting
- 2-3:30pm, Tuesdays: AS 1016 (Nexus)
- 1-2pm, Wednesdays: ZTF Supernova Working Group Meeting
Background Reading: Supernovae, Gamma-ray Bursts, Transients
History (supernovae, GRBs, time-domain astronomy):
Optical afterglow searches:
Essentials for Astronomy Research
- NoMachine, for connecting to a remote desktop. Tutorial for NERSC here.
- Python. Here is a tutorial to get started, and here is a guide to Python at NERSC. And here is an overview of Jupyter at NERSC.
- Github, for keeping track of code and collaborating on projects. Here is a tutorial to get started.
- ADS, for finding and reading publications.
- The Transient Name Server, for finding information on cosmic explosions
- NED, for looking up your favorite extragalactic object